"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I don't know what I want, so don't ask me...

I don't know if it's just the meds or if I should counter in my emotional stress that I don't want to be having as well. My mind is racing- and I want to crawl out of my skin. My psych called me back today after I called him 4x. I'm pretty sure he hates me. He basically said, go back on the exact same meds you were on before last week, do not lower any dosage and let your body even it out. WELL GREAT. This is why i hated the trial and error part of medication. This is what it felt like? ONE 1/2 weeks of not taking the "perfect" cocktail that I had stirred up to make me function has turned me into rambling freak that can't sleep.

Although to be honest, I don't know HOW much of it is ME emotionally and having things change in the last few weeks along with a medication change? How much of it is biochemistry and how much of it is mental? I do have to say- i don't think this mood instability/ complete lack of mood is 100% due to my change in medication.... it's probably... everything. Because I remember the appt I made w/my psych when he changed my meds. I was NOT a happy camper. NOT AT ALL. I spent the entire 45 minutes or whatever crying over Nancy and when he accused me of that...I practically knawed his head off....which is probably why he changed my meds to begin with. ---Normally when I see him I never say anything- other than I feel annoyed and want to throw a shoe out the window.

So... ugh. I feel like even when my blood chemistry levels out physiologically...things won't go back to how they were. Honestly, I can't remember what I'm remembering is me. I just know, I don't like where I am- and I realize now I've been struggling since Nancy told me about her leave. FAIL.

My first psych told me ...recovery was 40/60. 40%-meds and 60% - mentally trying.

Hopefully, tomorrow won't be like today. I was fine this morning, it was around noon when I started to get spacey- def not as bad as yesterday but I still didn't like it.


xoxo -Lisa

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you are having a tough time, I hate it when you can't figure out what's 'you' and what's meds. I really hope tomorrow is better for you.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. changing meds is SO hard especially when you think you've found a cocktail that works. i don't believe the 40/60 rule, i know people who have recovered from EDs with no meds. personally i've tried many cocktails and what i'm on now isn't amazing but like you said, it gets me out of bed in the morning and not a complete wreck.

    all i can say is keep plugging along with them. you will find what works for you but there will be a lot of suffering between now and then. but you can do it.

    PS: i frickin' love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Medication changes are the pits. I hope you even out soon because it sounds like things are pretty rough for you right now. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."