As you guys know- I've been struggling with an eating disorder and self harm issues for years. I've been to my share of treatment centers. I actually left my last center against medical advice but I was just done. I was done with life in treatment for once. Treatment provides a very safe environment and a safety bubble thus, sometimes, it's hard to leave treatment. I feel like there's a fine line between being in treatment too long/too many times (thus, being too scared to leave ) and being there just long enough to get the amount of help one needs.The transition from the safety of inpatient/residential treatment to the "real" world is a difficult one. Much more difficult that I ever expected. I am taking part in a documentary called "Someday I'll Be Okay" -( the official webpage link is here ) that follows my life as I transition from the safety of treatment to the "real" world.
We started filming at the beginning of the year and we will continue to film until around the fall season. We are hoping to have this documentary picked up by a distributor and out by Eating Disorder Awareness Week of 2014. Eating Disorder Awareness Week is always the last week of February.
Back to the documentary- we are running an indiegogo campaign to help fund some of our traveling and for production costs. The link is Indiegogo Campaign. There are two sneak peek clips on the indiegogo site. We can't make this happen without your help! We have a lot of really important people investing their time for this documentary. With your help-this film will be epic and hopefully can make a big difference.
We have Jena Morrow on board as well- She is the Timberline Knolls Alumni Coordinator and author of the memoir Hollow: An Unpolished Tale, from Moody Publishers. Jena travels around the U.S. sharing her recovery story and delivering a message of hope and freedom from disordered eating and distorted self image.Jena has participated in panel discussions at various conferences and universities, and has shared her recovery story on such broadcasts as Midday Connection, Chris Fabry Live, and Building Relationships with Dr. Gary Chapman.
Once again- we can't do this without your support. Fiscally or just emotionally- either I will accept and forever love you for.
We also have a facebook page ( link is here) - feel free to "like" us if you want to follow our progress throughout the production.
xoxo -Lisa
Which episode of My Strange Addiction was Dr. Kim in? I totally want to watch it! And I want to read Jena's book ...
ReplyDeleteI watched the YouTube clip-- wow, Lisa. That's some mighty powerful stuff. You and the production team have my unending support! I want to make a donation, but I'm not sure about the site's anonymity policy, so I think I'm going to make it under my real name's email account as I don't want a name paired with my bloggernos account. I think what you're doing is great.
ReplyDeleteBe well,
NOS
Thanks! I'll make sure to keep it private!! :)
DeleteWrite more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
ReplyDeletethough you relied on the video to make your point. You definitely know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your blog when you could
be giving us something informative to read?
Look at my page :: diets that work fast for women
My web site :: diets that work fast