"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Monday, April 25, 2011

I hate dating

I had to leave my two babies in Atlanta so today I went out and bought "Puffin". She's adorable. Gray tabby...

I've seen 9 therapists in the last two months of my pathetic existance and i'm getting so sick of it. I saw someone this morning who had me pegged from the beginning. My borderline- dependency issues. She warned me she'd put up really strict boundaries and etc. She knew what she was talking about but it seems to me that she's already pegging me to be the typical manipulative borderline ( okay...which I may be ...) but dude, I want a chance. I still don't know if I want to see her though, she just seems so ...warm but stern. Am I ready for stern? Amy was badass but I woudn't say stern- Nancy...stern, no. warm? yes. amazing? yes. STERN- I AM NOT USED TO.

I don't know what I'm looking for in a therapist but I ain't finding it and it's PISSING me off. I'm starting to wonder if any decision I make is right, I seriously... wonder sometimes if it's even possible for me to make a decision that's good for me or if I just need others making the decision for me right now. I've realized in res/inpatient it's not like we get to chose our therapist either- I'm just throwing too many away...but I mean in all honesty, I didn't like them. WHO THE HELL KNOWS? WHY IS THERAPIST CHOOSING LIKE DATING? I HATE DATING.

xoxo -Lisa

9 comments:

  1. I know change is hard especially when someone is nurturing and then all of the sudden no one feels right. btw your kittie is precious i hope your bday was incredible i love you so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get that about therapists/doctors. They each seem to bring something different to the table. For me, I think I have found ones that are pretty much suited to my needs. Some faults I overlook if they aren't important to me. Trust your instinct. (And if you find a good dentist, let me know-I am fed up with mine!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully this will all be worth it in the end-- you'll find an excellent therapist and it will be a great fit. It's so difficult, though! Right now I'm having a similar problem finding a psychiatrist. I can understand your frustration.

    Sending you love!

    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got a new psychiatrist in the last 6 months after being with the same one for 13 years. It was really scary but she is stern too. She tells me what she won't put up with and if I cross that boundary there are consequences. In a way I like that because I always know where I stand. Good luck with this new therapist.
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can soo relate ....kind of. I dislike therapy and refuse to go. I am not borderline though. I wish you luck and it is good to have sterness at times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the kitty :)
    I think stern may be good for you for awhile... someone to put you in your place and keep healthy boundaries with you-- which is what you really need right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there - you're bound to find someone good soon. And I would agree, stern can be good for you. Just know your own limits and you should do just fine. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally know what you mean lovely, I've only tried 2 but didn't get on with either and gave up very fast. Beautiful new kitty :)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stern is scary.
    Puffin is CUTE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."