"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Monday, June 6, 2011

Gaining...

I'm going to enjoy food. I'm going to restore my weight. I've flushed my laxatives, I'm going to keep my scale though...

but I am going to start enjoying food- this doesn't mean binging but eating when I want to/am hungry. I'm going to NOT obsess about my weight. I'm going to move on with my life...right? right... I think I can do this. Why is it so hard to be sure?

recovery is possible.

xoxo -Lisa

5 comments:

  1. You can do this. I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Your last couple of posts have been scary to me because it sounded like you were giving in to your eating disorder-- letting it rule and ruin your life. But you deserve SO MUCH MORE than your eating disorder can give you. The things that you plan to do are really difficult, but I have NO DOUBT that you can do it! I am here to support you as you move forward.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby steps. Just change one thing at a time until it becomes habit (and acceptable to you.) Then go on to the next thing. Peace. This is Middlechild.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this post. Ahhhhhh what if it could be this easy? Maybe this time it will be. Maybe this post can be real?! I finally got my computer back (long story) so I'm back to my blogging routine! I'm here for you -- call me if you need anything. I love you and again, I love this post! And I loveyouloveyouloveyou. Can't wait for September!!

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."