"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

let me introduce...

...Thor. Thor is a bastard. Thor is a cunt. Thor is ruining my life. Thor won't go away. Thor is constantly yelling at me. Thor abuses me. Thor calls me bad names and discourages me. Thor is my abusive boyfriend that won't go away. I am technically "single" guys. I'm as "single" as one gets. Thor is my eating disorder. Yes, I named my ED. I don't want to just call it an ED. I want to put a name to this creature that is ruining my life.

I made another video and despite what I said in my last post- - -I'm going to link them. ( changed my mind haha )   

My insurance changed... my benefits suck now. I am only allotted 30 therapy sessions a year ( 30 seshs that my insurance will cover ) IN network.

I just realized that in my first video I was talking about how I applied for a job at the Apple store... HAHAHAHA. That was in Atlanta and I now live in Indiana with a corporate job. Wow, life changes fast....

My scale is lying to me. End of story.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQtvhb0xbFk



xoxo -Lisa

5 comments:

  1. I really admire you for making the videos. What an amazing and brave thing to do. Thor is the equivalent to my 'bugaboos'; these little creatures which occasionally sit on my shoulder. They have largely buggered off now, fortunately, but I do understand. I had a go at befriending them and asking them what they wanted and what was troubling them. That threw them! I know, it sounds daft, but it actually worked in some strange psychological way.

    Thor will disappear, but perhaps you have to understand him first. Just a thought.

    Big hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you recognize that Thor is ruining your life-- that's the first step to dumping him. I know a few weeks ago you were talking about how you wanted to keep your ED, but I'm very glad you changed your mind. You deserve a boyfriend that will treat you right and make you happy.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the video, but I'm sorry that you had a hard night. Thor sucks, and you can beat him to a pulp.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I noticed an old comment on my blog from you, so I thought I'd check yours out.
    I named my ED too, I called her Elle, she's long gone now thankfully. Thor is a much better name though. I wish you the best of luck with your battle with Thor, I hope you can get rid of him for good, it's hard work but worth it. :)
    Belle x

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."