"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Still sitting in shock

...the job that I was offered- the boss took me out to lunch to discuss my EATING DISORDER. LUNCH. WTF. This is what happens when one gets jobs through asian connections- people talk- WAY TOO MUCH. So, I turned the job down- I was in shock when she started to ask my about my "disease" as she called it. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED. I sat through it smiling, answering questions and asking if she had any other questions when all I wanted to do was cry, scream and throw glass plates on the floor...

on another note: I wrote Nancy an email expressing how much she meant to me and what a difference she made in my life. I had to make sure she knew and she responded well :) I don't understand how I can be so mad and love someone so much at the same time.

xoxo -Lisa

7 comments:

  1. Yeah, I understand why you'd feel bad. Just know who you are and search for another job! I'm sure you get another one where you aren't put on the spot like that or referred to as someone with a "disease." Hang in there girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about the job :/ I know what you mean about answering questions but on the inside wanting to scream, "I don't want to discuss my ED!"
    I'm glad the letter was well-received, though :)
    Hang in there Lisa!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have been so uncomfortable if someone wanted to address my weight issues...over lunch none the less. I hope you find a new job soon. And I am happy you have some closure with Nancy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry about the job. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im sorry about the job.

    But being mad and loving someone anyway? Welcome to life, my friend. That pattern's never going to stop. Just ask my wife.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so inappropriate and uncomfortable - you poor thing having to sit through that. You're better off not working for that company if that's how the boss behaves. Good for you contacting Nancy, and I'm happy you got a positive response. Closure is awesome, even if you still feel angry. Take good care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a witch. that's so rude, i don't understand how people always can think they know better than you. good for you for handling it, i feel like i would have thrown water in her face and then walked away ><

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."