"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Distortion

So...my internet is spazzing in and out, so I figure I better update now and get out my anxiety and frustration now before my internet dies again.

I have NO concept of my perceived body image. It's so frustrating. I was always positive about what I saw in the mirror...I didn't realize that the only reason I believed what I saw was because of the number on the scale that backed it up. Now I have no scale. I HAVE NO IDEA what i look like. It's been...barely over 2 weeks since I've been weighed and it feels like 1 year thus I also feel like I probably gained 10lbs. Rationally, I know it's probably not true but I have NO idea what my mirror or clothes are telling me. Just because something is too big- I don't remember when it was too big. I'm petrified to knowhow much I might actually weight. I'd be relieved if it was close to what I wanted but I'm not expecting that. I don't know. I really don't know. This is forcing me to sit and debate "if i CAN eat [ blank food ]. " I always look at the time of day to see how many hours I have left in the day and how much more I might eat. This is fucking stupid, the only time I should ask if I CAN eat anything is if I'm allergic to it, not because I'm scared of it. SHOULD I eat [insert food] is obviously a better question. This is tiring and frustrating the shit out of me....but I'm trying. I believe I defintely AM eating enough though, it's just the unending debate before I decide to do the right thing.

THAT NEEDS TO STOP. i want it to stop. Hopefully when I start work, it will lessen...because I'll be busier.

xoxo -Lisa

1 comment:

  1. But hopefully being busier doesn't mean you make yourself too busy to eat. You can do it, you can do this, am we can hang out soon. :)

    Hopefully that made sense...haha, I need to get off this fucking bus.

    <3 stay strong. Miss yaaaa.

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."