After being in a dissociated fog ( and then high as a kite ) all day yesterday and today due to an unnecessary increase in one of my meds ( which I am totally going down on )...I realized I WANTED TO FEEL. Last year, I never would have said this. I would have totally abused this drug...but I realized how annoyed yesterday and today I was because I was in this dumb fog and couldn't process my emotions. I just wanted to feel again. I told Nancy today in therapy that I'd rather be crying over everything right now than be in this fog.
I used to crave this numbness. When cutting didn't do it for me in high school, i turned to purging and I did that for a while last year too then I just left it at binging and purging. Then the restricting started and my mind became consumed with with weight and losing it. I'm still not at the weight I was when I started restricting and I honestly still hope I never will be...
but during these years I really learned how not to feel for more than a few moments and then move on. I had to function- I had to keep going , I had no choice. Until I graduated college- I finally turned or help because I couldn't handle it anymore and I finally could stop with my path and take a break.
The first time in a LONG TIME- I WANT TO FEEL. I want to be able to process what I feel so I can take care of it...
I WANT TO LEARN HOW TO DEAL WITH MY EMOTIONS. I told Nancy today that I would rather be in a massive state of distress than the high/sedated state I was in. She told me that she was glad to hear that because it symbolized something healthy in me that actually wanted to be human.
I am sick of just crying or numbing out -->then walking away from traumtic or bad situations and just blocking them out and moving on. I know now I have some really bad issues due to the fact that I never addressed some of the things that happened to me. From the moment I was involved in them, I never told anyone how bad it was- I didn't want anyone to tell me that I needed to get out- because I couldn't until he left me. That's how it always has been since then- i don't leave a bad situation until the other person dissappears in an extent or I find someone else when I truly feel done which is usually not until I've been involved way too long.
Hopefully these next few weeks with Nancy will be really helpful, address my attachement issues-- just realized she specializes in attachment therapy so I feel really safe w/her right now... help me cope better and then I can also take advantage of Amy's experience with trauma, EMDR and anxiety disorders. I for once feel lucky that I get this chance to go back to Amy for a bit. I have assesbility to two GREAT therapists that are both specialized in what I have issues in. I feel liek the next 6-8 weeks give me A PERFECT opportunity to really move forward and address a lot of issues and then put them to play.
I have not gone more than 3-4 days without speaking to Nancy, she's going to be out for a few weeks. It's going to be really hard for me to not call her. It's already hard for me to think about the fact that I can't contact her- I don't know how to not yet. The thought of it makes me so sad but as Amy said today...I kept saying she was leaving- she is not leaving- she is taking a break and coming back. SHE IS COMING BACK and Nancy kept saying that I will be okay and I said yeah at the very worst I will def be alive and she said "YOU BETTER BE"...and Amy hugged me today. I was def shocked when she reached out for a hug. I def had a few seconds of delay...but I realized she genuinally cared too and that she did miss me while I was gone.
=) I'm being positive and I hope to keep it up.
xoxo -Lisa

that is awesome that you are having this breakthrough. i am a firm believer in everything happens for a reason and the fact you are access to those 2 amazing therapists is not a coincidence ;)
ReplyDeletestay strong!!!
My medicine made me TOO numb last year too. I felt absolutely nothing, and although not feeling pain was fantastic (sort of), not feeling happiness or excitement was enough to make me talk to the professionals about changing my meds.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you're ready to feel again! that's HUGE!
<3 Laura
P.s. thank you for the comment on my blog =)