"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Things to give thanks for...

It's Thanksgiving. As much as this holiday doesn't mean anything to me sentimentally, I am for the first time realizing the things I need to be thankful for.

It's time for a positive post. Some positive thoughts. After all, this is a mood lifter as well. It's a time to not have my head spinning the way it has been lately. I'm going to try to be thinking only positive things- ACE Kelsey would be proud of me. Positive focus. Lame attempt at trying to cheer myself up from the whirlwind that I've been in.

List of positives ( things I am thankful for)
I wish I could easily say my health, my mind and my soul...but those aren't in the best of shape at the moment soo...
My parents
My sister
My amazing friends that I can't even start to list off because this would become the world's longest post.
Financial stability- thanks to my wonderful parents. 
Continuously being able to find jobs
Nancy M
Amy SB
My doctors- my treatment team
Food ( i know, shocker )
Pumpkin, Marbelle ( kitties- bring on the cat lady jokes )
Having a college degree- making it through the 4 years
Dr. Moore
Being able to REALIZE i have things to be thankful for
My apartment
Central Air, Heating
A working car
Music, Books and TV to take shit off my mind.
uhm... there has got to be more...

Okay, I'm going to make a small exception here on the positive post. This was hard and that really saddens me. okay, taking on a challenge for as much as long as I can- being positive that I can make it through.

xoxo -Lisa

2 comments:

  1. The thing that I thought of today, and something I'm going to post in a minute. We should be thankful to be alive, even with the crazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you could post so many positive things. even if you had to really think, they were there! that's the upside, I suppose =]

    Also, I love your writing style and the way you express yourself. Be thankful for your words, because they help others <3

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."