Every experience I have in life changes me in some way but some change me in more harming ways than others. Some experiences make my life much harder than it should be. It makes me make it harder than it should be because I'm constantly having a fight in my head over either relationships with the people around me or food. I am really realizing this does not have to do w/my body. The anxiety that I have been getting lately has really been affecting me physically... insomnia as well as an extreme loss of appetite.
Katie has inspired me so much by telling me her meals that she is eating at the ERC. It makes me feel like I need to eat meals instead of small snacks throughout the day. I look and stare at my fridge and get so incredibly frustrated because it seems that I have forgotten what a normal meal looks like. I stare in my freezer, I see dumplings, lean pockets, edamame, broccoli and frozen chicken breasts. I look in my fridge and see yogurt, dumplings...ensure and V8....Then my pantry- chips, pretzels and triscuits. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT TO DO WITH THIS FOOD. This is something that def has changed in my personality and ability. I've always known what to do with food. Now I feel like food will be oddly tainted in my life forever...
In fact the thought of eating food is making me nauseous again today. I walked around Kroger for 1 hour trying to see if I could see ANYTHING ANYTHING that I wanted to eat. NOPE. nothing. I bought some more lean pockets and yogurt. Good job Lisa [ sarcasm ]. I'm really just hoping that I will feel hungry later tonight instead of just sick.
I hate the attachment I have to my therapist. I hate that she has made my life so much less stressful, makes me feel less alone, makes me feel less crazy, helps me understand myself. I HATE IT. because this is making me feel like I have serious attachment issues ( go bpd ). I am constantly afraid she'll wake up one morning and think I'm too difficult of a client to deal with. I have not felt this kind of attachment with a boy, friend or parent. I felt a milder version of this attachment with my first psych but after I left him because of graduation, my symptom usage was up the room. Purging up to 30 times a week. My anxiety was so bad, I was doing everything I could to function and numbing out was the only solution I knew. Now I know better, so instead I'm just having a giant influx of emotion....and I know part of my loss of appetite is my brain subconsciously using symptoms to help regulate my emotions.
I can't let this subconscious win. But if I fight it- I feel sick. If i give in- I function. This disorder is molding who I am today- in some way- good/bad- i dont know but the past and present are making me who I am today.
xoxo -Lisa


Hi Lisa,
ReplyDeleteI certainly hear you and feel less alone since someone else is feeling what I'm feeling. I wish I knew what to do with food too. I wish I had knew how to enjoy food again. I guess wishing doesn't help. I want to be able to talk about these things with other people without feeling embarrassed or weak.
Just know that you're not alone.
-Emily
Lisa, You can do this! I hope that I can continue to inspire you because you deserve to be free of this! You have motivated me SO much and you believe that I CAN conquer this. I believe that you CAN too! Keep on going because I know that things can and will get better! You're a fighter! Stay strong! I love you!
ReplyDeleteKatie <3 <3 <3
I'm sorry you're in such a rough patch. You may feel like you're being torn down, but really this is just making you stronger. Good luck! And keep in touch.
ReplyDeleteyou most definitely can do this lisa.
ReplyDeletea lot of shit has come your way but you are so insanely strong and you can get through it.
i'm sorry it's rough now though. and i wish i could talk to you more.
i hope everything starts to look up.
<3
that must suck... i have it the opposite way, ive been skinny all my life, i dont eat... its just me, all my friends know it, well knew it, but know im pregnant.. and i have too, and it hurts so i want to hurt myself... but i cant because it hurts my baby :/ i hope you win xx
ReplyDelete