in my mind...i see too many parallels between the movie and ....how "it is easy to slip into a parallel universe. There are so many of them: worlds of the insane, the criminal, the crippled and the dead as well" - susanna kaysen. Alice slips from reality down the rabbit hole and falls...down a slippery slope into a very strange but fictional world. The story that follows holds a mixture of very contradictory, hypocritical statements and patterns. "who are you?" and her answer is questionable "I- hardly know" .of course this being a fairy tale, Alice eats a mushroom, grows up, faces her fear and all is happy and spiffy at the end.but where did "Alice"actually go? Throughout the entire tale Alice slowly grows, but not in the real world, not in reality, but to prepare her for reality. So why am I not given the goddamn privilege of growing up in a separate reality and coming out into reality with the knowledge I needed to know. So is that what it takes? Does it take growing up in one's own fictional parallel to be able to make it out in the real world emotionally sane?
So...when is it safe to cross world? back into reality? When is it safe to grow up, eat the mushroom and quietly slip back into the world and function without the old coping unhealthy...and be what soiety considers normal which i have come well aware is not normal.
Half the shit we're forced to learn to do at ACE is NOT what I know is considered normal in society. Our society does not communicate correctly, eat correctly...basically as a friend told me "everyone would be in therapy of some sort if it were forced".
great. now i just feel unsafe. like even if I make it out into reality, I'm not leaving a tumultuous roller coaster that I was cheated into getting on.
No comments:
Post a Comment