"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Thursday, September 16, 2010

that's that.

I have never spent so much of my day crying. Not only did a close friend get sent to the hospital for at least one month--- i literally felt my chest hurt. I never expected it to hurt so much. She literally is like a bestfriend and sister at the same time. Seeing her walk away makes my heart break. I can't imagine not being with her when I'm at ACE. I never expected it to hurt so much. I never expected for me to care so much for one close friend I've only known for a few weeks. I know it's partially because we've both been through so much intense stuff together but it's just amazing to me how emotional this is to me, how much I care about her, how much I care about a lot of the people that are consistently around me. it also...

It reminds me we're all standing on the edge. I, myself got a deadline. I will work my ass off and take full advantage of the change that's been made in my medication and treatment team. I have 4 weeks, this means I'm on the ledge too. This all reminds me that even though I am trying hard now , with a change and with more of a motivation and putting 100% of myself into it, I REFUSE to get kicked off the edge-- ie- out of Atlanta. This is obvious self talk. I'm trying. I'm going to. And if it doesn't work, I didn't fail, I just need more support. But, especially after talking to my individual, I really feel like I CAN do this. I CAN. I think I'm going to have to make some pretty significant changes in my personal life- ask for a certain level of support from some people that may not be able to provide it- this is going to take guts. But if I can cut out any situations where I'm respected enough to be partially in control of what is good for me and may cause anxiety, for at least these 4 weeks, I'm going to remove myself from those situations.

I'm going to have to do things I don't think I have ever done before. I'm going to have to use my voice and ask for needs that may be too much, I might have to walk away and work solely on this without support from one person I want it from so badly. I guess I'll find out soon...this is all blind and in the dark for me. I HATE THE DARK. I need some light. A little bit of light. It's natural to be scared of the dark...i think but I just might be too fearful of it- the dark causes me so much anxiety. So my plan at least for now is that to deal w/my anxiety the best I can, face my fears and cut out anything temporarily that could cause me unnecessary anxiety...

I see some things in a certain way....and it causes me a certain level of anxiety that may be different than others...

and that's that and it's who I am and this is now the time the "gap year" to learn how to deal with it in a successful and positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."