"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So much all over the place...

There's just so much going on all over the place. I can't handle it. I mean, yes I can. I'm not just saying that for self talk. It's just my ambivalence and ability to trust my own ability showing through. I really do think I can do it but at the same time I'm slightly doubtful and hurting myself through the self doubt...

I feel like I've lost so much in the past 3 months but also gained so much but it's not able to be quantified like I'm used to, it's not like school or a sport. I feel almost like I've forgotten myself. it's like forgetting the words to my favorite childhood song which ironically I don't think I had one. I've covered myself up in this armor/ put up a wall when I feel unsafe ( which is most of the time ) but I'm coming to think that having this wall up as a necessity is so far from the truth and freedom. But at the same time, I truly just want to curl up into a ball and be left alone behind my wall

BUT...

I want to take the risk and enjoy certain things in life I've haven't allowed myself to enjoy because I'm too careful to not get hurt. I want to take that risk. In fact I either JUMP right into the risk or THROW UP A GIANT WALL. Why can't I just step a foot in, try it out and see where it goes. Why can't I just see where things go. When did things turn  so black and white to me? Why have I run for the trainwreck and not even attempt to stop it in the past? I I want to test the waters, live in the present and stop trying to see a trainwreck if there may not be one and if I do see it, I'm going to try and stop it if I see it worth it. I'm going to keep up a wall, but not such a unbreakable one....and one with a door. granted I need a giant bouncer ( someone in with me on it- using my support system ) at the door to okay who is okay to come in...but at least now there's a door. baby steps.

I was told by Amy today that I was making progress in group!!  I had my last self expression group because I really felt like I wasn't getting much out of it. I have different self expression problems that most of the other girls. I express....just sometimes too much, push people into corners. I need a better filter.

speaking of filter- dude.....i don't take well to new people easily at ACE, let's just put that out there simply. especially new people in groups who talk forever and have just as strong as a personality as I do....

my ED is kicking in way too strongly again. Trying to control my anxiety correlates too much with food. Trying to kick both at the same time is freakishly hard. But I know with my contract, I can't just control my anxiety, I also can't lose any more weight. I feel like I'm in a catch 22 when I'm really not. Like i'm stuck between a rock and a hard place...I feel like i have to lose weight to control my anxiety...but I know that is NOT true.....i want to scream out of frustration. I almost feel like I can control my anxiety a little bit better than my ed. I feel like my eating disorder has a complete mind of it's own--and I really really want to punch him in the face but yet I'm listening to him at times. I AM SO AM-FUCKING-BIVALENT it's frustrating. ugh.

progress. gotta keep making it. I'm down to 3 weeks. i think i can make it.

o and amy did not really mention much about the frantic phone call last night, so ACE hasn't really "punished me". The feedback I got form Amy and Nancy M is that it seemed like good progress...so...yeah...hopefully it was

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."