"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

body image, attachment... video blogging


Addison suggested that I upload my videos onto this blog. This is my latest video- I have a few more that I haven't updated. Just check them out on my webpage if you'd like -youtube personal page   
.
Yesterday night I was speaking to one of my friends and she was telling me- yes, grieve all I need to over Nancy being gone but... I have to trust myself that I'm going to make it through this period. Nancy is supposed to call and be back in 1 1/2 weeks. I can do this.

On the other side of things... I'm attempting to fight the nasty ED voice..it's just been a lot harder to. I'm stuck on a set diet again- but I'm trying to add new more things to it. I refuse to purge anymore. The amount that I was purging was absolutely ridiculous and totally unnecessary. I doubt it did anything for me that was positive in any way. NO POINT AT ALL. My blood work is supposed to get mailed to my parents at some point- the last time I got blood work done- things were generally...okay. Keyword generally-my thyroid was messed up. shit. I just want my metabolism back. I want this all to end. Thus, I need to...eat on a schedule. Listening to my body isn't going to do anything bc my body either wants nothing or everything. black and white. love it.

xoxo -Lisa

6 comments:

  1. I can relate so much! I am, unfortunately, very familiar with that ED voice. It's such a jerk. Ha. And I want my metabolism back too.

    I'm glad you're refusing to purge. I know you know this, but it has awful effects on the body. There's a girl in my eating disorder group who has very severe bulimia and she has no teeth. No teeth. I've purged a very small number of times in my life, but after seeing the effects it could have I don't want to try anymore. You are incredibly beautiful, and purging will only damage things. (I hope this didn't sound preachy-- that's not what I intend at all. I know you know purging is bad. Hell, all eating disorders are bad and can and do kill.)

    Alright, I'll stop rambling.

    Wishing you well,
    NOS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job not purging... that's a big step! : ) You're doing great, even though I know you're going through a rough period.

    Stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The few times I've tried vlogging it's turned out WAY MORE awkward than this! So good job! Keep uploading videos because they're fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a good idea to upload your videos to your blog- it's easier to watch them that way.
    Keep fighting the ED.

    Take care,
    Cassie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on the video. I definitely think it's easier to see them here and keep up with them when you make them.

    I remember the days of to purge or not to purge...sometimes I still struggle, but it's more of a fleeting issue now that comes at certain times rather than an all the time issue.

    Totally get your attachment to Nancy. I have the same with my therapist. Honestly, it's the worst part of my issues -- attachments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Lisa. I look forward to checking out more of your vids! Hang in there. Personally, I can't wait until my therapist returns (next week). *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."