"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Monday, December 20, 2010

I can't really think

...I told Amy that I felt really nauseous and anxiety about Nancy being gone. She actually said I didn't look anxious like I usually do. She said I looked sad and thoughtful.

I don't have much else to say. My head feels empty. I just feel blank. Sad but blank at the same time.

xoxo -Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, just letting you know I can see your blog :)
    *hugs*
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I can't tell which is worse feeling blank or feeling pain. I'm sorry girl! XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Resssst, I know when I get to that point of feeling blank I let my mind just continue to not think, fighting it just exhausts me.
    So I just get that extra sleep, let people take care of me if they are around, and do things that spark laughter and feelings of joy like going to see a movie I wanted to see, go out window shopping, read an upbeat fantasy novel...stuff of that nature.

    Let it pass. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you...wow, I hear you and understand. Your words are mine too. So sorry about Nancy, but it sounds like you're getting your emotions out there. She'll be back. I think I might have told you, but my therapist had surgery surgery year and was gone for a long, long time...months. We talked on the phone, but it totally sucked. I get the crying on the floor emotions. I've done it too. Too many times to count. *hugs* I know it's not the same, but if you ever want to just talk, please email me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, that should read "my therapist had surgery LAST year." That's what I get for not proofing what I write.

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."