Most of y'all know what I'm talking about. The beginning of a relapse or the beginning of the ED all together. You start out wanting to just lose [x] amount of weight and get to some goal weight. But you, well atleast me, since I've been using symptoms of some sort for years I decided the best and quickest way to get to this goal weight is to listen to the ED that had been in the background for a certain amount of time. I believe that from the very beginning to even now--- my ED has been whispering shit into my head. It's up to me whether or not to listen..
.and YES sometimes I do and YES right now...I'm not going to sugarcoat it- I basically AM listening to him. I'm also hearing my healthy voice but it's hard to do the right thing- I can think of it but DOING it is a whole different story. I just want to get back down to this [x] weight that I was a few months ago or something like that but then I realize...well I'm losing weight using symptoms...so what am I going to do once I hit this weight? I won't know how to maintain it- so as before- I will continue to use symptoms which will mostly likely cause me to drop more weight which will cause me to have a new goal weight and this spiral and cycle just keeps going.
Using ED symptoms is never sustainable unless we want to die from them. The goal and ending "win" of an eating disorder is ultimately death. I O NOT WANT TO DIE. obviously.
I need to get out of this cycle and at this moment I can't lean on groups and treatment centers. I have Amy and my dietician as my psych is retarded when it comes to EDs. I am going to really have to try hard myself. I believe that I AM strong enough....but it's now just a matter of how hard I currently want to try...
I really understand the consequences and what I am doing- it's not even about a [ x ] weight for me. It is definitely part of it as it is AN EATING DISORDER but I know the connection this time. It's anxiety. My anxiety has gone through the roof and I'm nauseous almost all of the time which obviously makes it hard to eat.
I am trying- I know my anxiety is related to Nancy. I want to be able to stand on my own two feet and be okay. We'll see how it goes. I spent the last 2 nights sobbing on my bedroom floor. I also know this is my bpd kicking in hardcore. I get seriously angry at Nancy- I want to email and call her voicemail and tell her to fuck a tree and that I was never coming back to her and I was going to stay with Amy or just quit therapy. Yes, push/pull. I know. I first begged her not to leave and when I get angry- I just want to push her the fuck away. it's hard. Last night after bawling I was so angry at her for "causing" me to feel this way I really just wanted to tell her to FUCK OFF. but ...obviously it wasn't a feeling that was going to last. if I had done it....I def would have called back today begging for forgiveness....
So instead of deciding to cuss Nancy out and tell her how much I hated her at the moment- I decided...it was time to go to bed---Go seroquel and klononpin.
Also- due to my WONDERUL anxiety issues , if I want to eat and take care of myself- lately I have had to take klonopin through the day. And since I am TRYING...to an extent to take care of myself- my klonopin has been partially a life saver. I see my "wonderful" psych on the 27th. We'll see what he has to say as he thinks I'm not taking klonopin anymore. hah.
xoxo -Lisa


I hope you see the progress you're making! Stay strong & focused while your family is tough. I know that it will be hard for you while they're around. I'm praying for you ... whether you want it or not.
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you call me?!? I hate to hear about you suffering this much! I know that you can beat this shit! I love you so fucking much it isn't even funny! I want to see you succeed and NOT listen to ED. Yes, it is hard, but I know you can do it! Please lean on the people around you for support...ME!
ReplyDeleteSorry I haven't been reading your blog lately, I forgot to add you to my blog list but I will do that now. You need support.
ReplyDeleteI'm soo sorry you're feeling this way. I can really relate, sometimes I used to think 'if i just lose the weight, everything will fall into place' wrong, that never happens. That's just another lie Ed tells me. You are so much stronger than Ed! You will get through this. I will write an inspiring get out of relapse post just for you tomorrow. You can always email me if you need to talk to. My email is on my profile.
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteYou're seeing ed for exactly who he is...a LIAR! He tells me all the time that I will be happy if I lose x amount of weight...but he's never satisfied. I think it's because I'm only happy when I am changing something about myself...maybe the same is true for you in some sense? I hold all of these hopes for where I would be if I lost weight and they keep me pretty happy as I lose everything yet, once I'm at that weight it's never ever good enough and I'm NEVER happy like I thought I would be. Don't let ed trick you...anxiety sucks (I have GAD) because it stresses us and takes away our appetite but you can push through. Call Amy everyday if you have to! I'm sure she wouldn't mind!! Nancy will be back before you know it love.
Hang in there!
Sarah
I second Danielle.
ReplyDeleteYou have my e~mail if you need to vent or cry...
ED's goal weight for you is in the grave. One goal will lead down to another goal - it won't stop. And as Ed's goal get bigger and bigger your world and happiness get smaller and smaller. You are beautiful the way you want to be, healthy. You are not somehow beautiful because of a fuckin number!
YOU CAN BEAT YOUR ED!!!
*HUG*
~Lily
I definetely think there's something different in "us", than people who just want to lose a few pounds then fight to maintain. We start losing, and controling, and it's like a drug. We can't stop. It becomes obsessive, and that's not a problem for normal mentally healthy people.
ReplyDeleteJust a theory!
<3 Tori
Hey, I just wanted to let you know that I did get your invite and made it to your blog :) Thank you! I'm really glad you value life and you believe in fighting for it. That belief in itself will add years to your life. :) Jane xo
ReplyDeleteDude you have come so far, and are doing great holding your ground.
ReplyDeleteI think your slippery slope has a decent number of footholds in it, your mind has a good grasp on reality I believe. Well, part of your mind does.
You just have to make sure that 'that' part of your mind keeps it's voice heard! Which you are doing a great job with doing just that :)
Things get hard, sure, but for every small step you fall back, I've noticed you make a good number of steps forward again. Even if it isn't right away, you make up any ground you lose.
Keep it up :)
I HATE that you're struggling. Call me WHENEVER you want to. Seriously I don't care if it's 1 in the AM!! I believe that you can fight this stupidass ED voice. Don't let him keep pulling you down! You got this, girl.
ReplyDelete