"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

I just want to be free


freedom ----- alive
it's time to start loving myself
but how?

xoxo -Lisa

2 comments:

  1. If only it were as easy as simply making the choice to love ourselves. Learning to love ourselves as we are is a process. First we must learn who we are and then accept it...imperfections and all! You can get there love, I know you can. Just keep working at it! I see so many wonderful qualities in you just from reading your blogs, you're a beautiful girl inside and out : )
    Stay strong Lisa!
    xxx
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a large part of it is accepting how little choice we as human beings have. This may be kind of nihilistic, but how much are you really to blame for who you are? You didn't choose your parents or your genetic makeup. So how much of you is a result of your choices? I find the fact that it is little comforting. It makes it easier to forgive myself for my mistakes and faults.

    ReplyDelete

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."