"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Friday, October 8, 2010

AGHHHHH

Amy SB called Nancy M and told her about my pathetic pathetic attempt at my meal on Thursday night. If anyone can talk me into doing what i NEED to do, even when I don't want to AT ALL and making me realize what's going...it's Nancy M. I don't want to disappoint her. I feel like I had been really doing well and pleasing her ( and me...most of the time ) and then BOOM thursday, REALLY REALLY fell off the bandwagon. I was almost slightly content on sitting on the floor for just a little bit. just for a slight break from all the work I'm doing. But... now I can't. I emotionally just can't let her down. So now my physical body is screaming at me bc I'm forcing myself to do something...that I just don't want. I don't want it. But...it's what Nancy M is telling me I need to do and to be honest, I know it's what I need to do....I guess maybe I just needed the kick in the ass she gave me ( even tho she was very nice...therapists...how they do this shit, I don't know )

"Mechanical eating" is what I'm trying to do... as they call it. I just can't let Nancy M or Amy SB down after all my hard work. She hasn't called to "check in" with me for a while, so I immediately knew when she called, she knew what happened at meal on Thursday. The fact that she hasn't called to "check in" with me meant to me that I was doing better. I really really want to get back to where I was. It's hard. But I don't want to let her down. I don't know how a 45 minutes conversation slapped me toward the right direction but it did and now I'm about to...start hopefully moving in that direction. Thursday was so pathetic. Honestly, I had not felt that way ever. I had never felt that kind of discomfort where I honestly could not touch my food because I literally already felt full and a few sips of the wonderful supplement that I got made me feel grossly full. I just could not stomach my food....now I have to. I want to too but...i'm ambivalent about it but I really don't want to let my treatment team down...I'm more into not letting them down then taking care of myself...UGH.

I woke up this morning feeling extremely empty. Not in the physical sense. In the emotional sense. I have no emotions. I've had a calm day, but that also a very very empty day. My mind may be spinning but at the same time it's also empty. I haven't felt empty ( maybe numb... ) in a while...in a LONG LONG TIME. I like it but it also worries me bc I am worried I am clueless as to how my emotions have to do w/my eating disorder. I had connected something between the binging and purging...and i guess how control and restricting but.... the emotions i have towards  my core issues...i don't see how thats relevant to food....Nancy M assured me on the phone that it is. That when this gets processed out my eating disorder will be more clear. I want to process what I word vomited to her yesterday. But, right now I feel ... NOTHING about it. I feel like it's just a whatever, just a phase of my life. I hope I start feeling again soon so I can process this shit and get out of this hell hole and move on..

xoxo -Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."