"Bear in mind you have a life to live. There is an incredible loss. There is a profound grief. And there is, in the end, after a long time and more work than you ever thought possible, a time when it gets easier." -Marya Hornbacher

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Time to grow up..

...sometimes while I was in Intensive Outpatient or Partial Hospitalization at ACE, I felt as if time had stopped for me. The rest of the world was moving because of course logically, the world never stops moving. But, I felt as if time in my life had been stopped. I am not saying that is a bad thing, because I kno it had to be done...

...and even though being pulled from groups and ACE was thrown on my in a surprise- I feel like it's a good thing. It is time forward- I feel as it really is time for me to be an adult. For me to have an age appropriate job and feel like I am 22. I feel as if that validation will help a lot. I spoke to Nancy today and she told me that she really felt as if I could handle this now. Nor was she mad at me. She said if this had happened a month or so ago, she'd be worried that I'd need more support but I've worked my fucking ass off recently and I feel like I'm doing well.

It's time to be an adult. I'm ready and looking forward to it. Kinda scared and I've heard- being an adult SUCKS but I'm 22...it's time. I have a job interview with the Atlanta Vision Optical center in Edgewood on Friday for an Optical Technician/ Assistant. I'm excited, I feel like I'm already starting to move on...

the only issues is that things are moving so quickly. but it's okay, I can handle this.

xoxo -Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Feeling are ephemeral, so is life. We’re here one moment and we’re gone the next. If you keep living trying to protect yourself, nothing is every going to touch you."